Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sometimes

I'm the type of girl that people will just look at me and know I play some sort of sport and probably well. I'm also the type of girl that has larger arm muscles than a majority of the freshman, sophomore, and junior boys and they all make sure I know it.  I can't help it. My family has really good genes..........for boys.

One night at youth group, God spoke to me through my youth pastor, Tim. I'm honestly not quite sure what exactly Tim was talking about but I remember him saying, "God made everyone different. He made some people tall, some short. Some people musical and others athletic. He made some people Weak, and others strong. He made each of us different to fulfill our purpose."

After I heard him speak those words, I put my manly hands on my muscular right bicep. I was quickly reminded of how my muscular figure sometimes makes me insecure. But, instead of hearing, Emily, you're not beautiful. I heard, He made you different to fulfill His purpose.

Anyone who knows me probably knows I really, really love basketball.  I'm convinced that there are few girls/guys in this world that love it as much as me. I Have dreams and goals about basketball and my future and I often wonder if God doesn't want me to peruse them.  For some reason, I thought that God wants me to be completely miserable in order to serve and glorify Him. Through my youth pastors voice, God motivated me to keep pursuing my dreams and glorify him along the way.

So, for now, I'm pursuing my dreams at an intense rate.  Thanking God for blessings and asking Him to guide my steps.


Sometimes I fall over when I'm shooting.

Sometimes the newspaper catches precious moments.

Sometimes I end op on the same AAU team as the girl in the white jersey behind me.


Sometimes I bruise my knees and it makes me proud.

Sometimes I plow girls over and get called for the foul.

Sometimes I do a basketball photo shoot....and look like a freak.
 
Sometimes Charcey and I go for the group hug.

Sometimes my hair sticks straight up.

Sometimes I do crazy things just to steal the ball.

Sometimes I jump really high.

Sometimes I make weird faces.
 

Sometimes, most of the times, actually all of the times, I really love my teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment